Bonjour de la part d’Eileen/Hello from Eileen

Forums 2023 Summer Seminar 2023 Summer Seminar Participant Introductions: due MAY 15 Bonjour de la part d’Eileen/Hello from Eileen

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Bonjour tout le monde/Hello everyone: My name is Eileen Angelini and since 1998, I have been working with survivors, hidden children, members of the French Resistance, Righteous Gentiles, and members of the U.S. Military, recording their testimonies to use in the French- and Spanish-language classrooms. One of my more successful projects with innovative foreign language curriculum design and with K-16 connections is “La France divisée,” a documentary that explores via survivor testimony the events of WWII in France. This interdisciplinary film was co-produced, co-written, and co-directed with Barbara P. Barnett and was generously supported by a Title VI Grant from the U.S. Department of Education, with additional funds from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Harry Cook Foundation, the Alexis Rosenberg Foundation, The Marcus Foundation, the Louis & Bessie Stein Foundation, the Harriette S. and Charles L. Tabas Foundation, and the Maxwell Strawbridge Charitable Trust.

I am presently in the process of moving into my new home in Manlius, NY. On July 1st, I will begin my new position at Le Moyne College as Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. I am extremely excited about this new position for a number of reasons, not least among them being the fact that after five years of a commuter marriage, my husband Bob O’Malley and I will be back together in one home.

Bob and I are the very proud parents of Maureen, aka “Moe,” who graduated in May 2022 from Brown University (my alma mater and yes, the legacy bond is amazing as she and I continue to share stories of common experiences) and is now working in her field of applied mathematics in Santa Monica, CA. Her junior year in Paris was cancelled because of COVID-19 and so she is now making up for it in her work life (despite the fact that we miss her and she misses us). But Bob and I are not entirely empty nesters as have our beloved cats Socks and Shiloh to cuddle.

So looking forward to meeting you all in person this summer! Stay safe everyone!

Hi Eileen,
      So glad to see you will be in NYC this summer so we can finally meet in person!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.