Hello from Montana (sunny today…who knows about tomorrow?)

Forums 2023 Summer Seminar 2023 Summer Seminar Participant Introductions: due MAY 15 Hello from Montana (sunny today…who knows about tomorrow?)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone! At this moment I am sitting at my desk, papers in front of me and to the side of me. The sun is shining today and I have my classroom window open. The weather may change tomorrow…springtime in Montana is highly unpredictable.

I teach AP English Language and Composition and my students take their AP exam tomorrow; we are all exhausted and, I think, ready. I also teach College Public Speaking and my seniors are both nervous and excited to graduate!

I attended a TOLI satellite in 2014: Worlds Apart But Not Strangers. TOLI weaves seamlessly with the work I do with National Writing Project. Both build teacher knowledge and both help to develop strategies for incorporating writing and human rights issues into class.

Outside of work, I am a volunteer ski patroller and spend most weekends in the winter skiing and patrolling. I spend as much time as possible in the mountains, with my dogs, and with my family.

I can’t wait to physically see everyone in June!

Hi Bridgett! After my parents “retired” a few years ago, they moved to a cabin outside Red Lodge, MT. They often talk about the changing weather. Apparently they had 4 feet of snow over a weekend recently! I am jealous of those of you who get to view the mountains every day.

Misty,
        Red Lodge is only about 1 hour from me (which in Montana is close)! Where do you live?

Hi there, Bridgett! I look forward to meeting you in person this June. Hope your students did well on their AP exams, and I wish you a smooth end of your school year.

Mary,
        I hope they did well too! I am looking forward to meeting you in person next month!

Hello,
      Looking forward to seeing all of you in person! Sounds like Montana spring is similar to NH. We had 80 degree weather in April for a week and then cold. This is the first week I am in short sleeves since then!
      See you soon!

That sounds so similar to our weather! I am also looking forward to meeting everyone…it’s a long time coming!

Hello, Bridgett!
      Yay! We all finally get to meet in person! That end-of-school-year feeling is familiar and complicated, isn’t it! Looking forward to seeing you in June!
      Barb

Oh, geez! I just saw your profile pic!!! Our doggos could be related!!! Miy Ellie is sweet, but a bit of a muppet!

Too funny, Barb! Walter is totally a muppet/mop! Send me a picture!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.