Hello from Vermont

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello,
      I live in Rutland, Vermont with my daughter (8), son (12), husband, and silver lab. We live close to Killington and Pico ski resorts; we are a family of skiers! In fact, I even skied yesterday.

I currently work as an instructional coach in a supervisory union made up of a number of small schools. The coaching program has been cut for next year, but I will remain in that supervisory union, moving into a literacy intervention position. Before coaching, I taught middle school ELA. I have always included a unit focused on Holocaust studies in my teaching. As a coach, I was able to support the many teachers in our system who were teaching the Holocaust. I also have worked with students and teachers to think about human rights. Most recently, I worked with teachers as we looked at units and used the Culturally Responsive Curriculum Score card to evaluate a few of the units and practices in our current curriculum.

I am super excited to join the TOLI seminar in NYC this June. I’ve been waiting to do this for few years, and I am so grateful for this opportunity to connect and learn with you all.

Sandy!
      I am so looking forward to (finally!) meeting you IN PERSON! How exciting to hear of your professional journey, and the ways we impact learning beyond the standard classroom!
      Sooon….
      Barb

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.